Monday, February 11, 2013

Brioche Anyone?

  Hello, again.

Yes, I realize that I've been blogging pretty sparsely. The reason is because I'm doing a new job, and it takes up all my time, what with learning, building and organizing. It's really been a drain on my entire body, but I'm getting there.

I decided to play a little bit with brioche. I found some multicolored yarn with a short color rotation, and decided to do some standard brioche with it. I'm just making a knit scarf (or would that be a BARK scarf?) with 16 cast on.


It's Red Heart "With Love" in the Autumn colorway. As if you couldn't tell.

I'm actually much further along than this, as this was taken on Saturday, and I kept on knitting through Sunday. I haven't been able to work on it today at all, as I opted rather to catch everyone up with what's been happening.

Tomorrow, I have knit night. I'm not sure I'll be able to go. I've run out of money (not due to the job change, but because of the increase in federal taxes), and so I'm pretty much borrowing money from the bank just to buy lunch and a few things here and there.  I suppose I could go, but it costs me almost $12 just to drive. Then there's the time that I'm on the road, and I can't get to sleep when I'm hyped up on driving. I also have to buy a supper on the road, and that's another $5...so we're talking close to $20 now. If I go every week, it's $80 a month, or $960 a year! Think of all the yarn I could buy!!!

One of the ladies at knit night has been working hard at getting in shape, and she is looking so FINE! I am SO JEALOUS! She can run and do all these workouts, and it seems her husband is okay with it...mine would have a fit! But she is looking so good, and HEALTHY, too. I would say I hate her, but I really don't. I'm just jealous. I honestly wish that I could do everything she's doing, but it would take a ton of discipline, and I've been pretty hard on the discipline at the office...so by the time I get home, I am wiped out. Of course, I am about 25 years older than she is, too. Which MIGHT have something to do with all of that...

So I've just been twittering about, getting things around so that I can do this job, and it's coming along really well. We'll see how things go.

More another day. So long, now!

No comments: