Monday, March 11, 2013

The Saga Continues

This morning, I received a Facebook message from a newly favorited author by the name of Angela White. She's written several books, but the series I'm most interested in is the "After the War..." series, of which she has 5 books so far, and expects more.

I had emailed her because I had read Book 1, found it entirely enthralling, and asked her about Book 2. Mainly because Amazon and Barnes & Noble both said Book 2 was out of print.

Being out of print causes me great stress, and therefore a frantic note was dashed off to Ms. White in hopes of procuring said book.

This morning she informed me that book 1 and 2 were merged some time ago, and that I'd possibly read them both. She asked me where I was in the story, and I replied....

Just after Angela and Marc had an, um, interlude?

And she let me know that I had already read book 2. That I needed book 3, which I obtained quickly, and I'm about to settle down and start reading, when I realize that I'm still at the office, and have no benefit of wifi there. So I opted to wait until I returned home.

But first, I had to get some groceries--not a major shop, just pick up a few things.

Then I intended to Blog...which is what you're seeing here.

Then I intended to do my mother's taxes, which I've been putting off for a couple of weeks, thinking maybe my hubby would take them in with ours and have them done, but no dice. So now, I have to do them myself.

Somewhere in there is supposed to be dinner, but I think that's going to be a quick and dirty sandwich, rather than a big "todo".

And I received my doll pattern in the email today, so I'm printing her out. This is the plan, to get an idea how to make my own doll's body--so that it looks decent and, well, DOLL-LIKE. I can't have her with a fish body--and I don't want her to look like a balloon. Neither do I want her to have skinny arms. And so I bought this pattern with the intent that I would use it to help fashion the body on my doll.

Yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Beyond that, I got to thinking about my book, as well, and wondered what I might do about it, considering that I haven't written anything in it for ages. It's something I'll have to think about and get back to, obviously.

Well, I have a busy night ahead, so I better close for now. Here's a quick peek at the pattern I purchased for the doll. I think she's adorable, too, and might make a second one according to the pattern, but another time, I think.


No comments: