Saturday, July 28, 2007

LYS is poorer...Tenna is Richer!

Well, at least in yarn, anyway...money? Who counts their lives in money? She who dies with the most yarn wins. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Got some groovy sock yarn. I really go for brights, as they speak to my inner child. So I took a pick on our new kitchen counter...Too bad the lighting didn't do the picture justice. We are looking at lime green, banana yellow and fire-truck red...on a blue mottled countertop.




Then decided to take pics of the dog and cats. I had no idea they were so camera shy. I had to take several before I got ANYTHING close to useable. I even had to take a picture of Mandy in the bathroom, she likes to sleep beside the WC (short for Water Closet, the only proper English version that I can use in public venue....), but didn't think you'd be interested in viewing my naked bathroom...although the floor tiles are quite nice! Hubby and I pulled an all nighter to get those floor tiles down just right, so that we didn't have to pay another $20 for the tile saw. I won't be doing that again...just so you know.







The cats were less obvious about their dislike of having their images put to the camera, but you know how animals just love to turn their head, blink their eyes, or move at just the last second before the flash goes off. Otherwise, they give you this last minute look---oi, I just came back from the bar...I got several "I've had too much to drink" type photos of Chat. That's when Mandy decided she wanted to be in the picture, and about the time I snapped the final shot of Smokey, she turned and slapped the dog. Kodak moment missed.











I found some older pics of the snakes...they're slightly larger now, but not too big to take pics of. I just thought I'd show you how nice they really can be...no pics yet of the mice.













We've been doing quite a bit of renovation on this old farm house--you know about the tile floor, but we also updated the kitchen and the living room. It's really very lovely. Last year, we put on a new deck (50' x 12') taking out some stock in treated lumber. This year, we're staining it.

Next year, we'll be working on the basement, which has been a wreck (literally) for almost 5 years. I'll have to move out all of my craft stuff to another area of the house, and then move it back...it's going to take a long time, because I have a lot of stuff, and I don't want to not know where it's all at!

Starting to feel like working on my shawl again. I wish that I could get a good picture of it. The mohair is VERY hairy, and the pattern doesn't "pop" out at you like I wish it did, especially since I've not blocked it yet. As hairy as it is, I still don't want to lay it out on the floor, pinned down for blocking...hair is one thing...cat hair is quite another.

Tarot card for the day is the Page of Wands. Wands are generally associated with some sort of effort or work, and the Page is a messenger. Since Hubby will be home in a few minutes, I suppose that it means I should get started on his dinner!

3 comments:

Mothergoose said...

Very nice blog. Love the pets (all of them!) I will book mark and be back from time to time. This reminds me....I really need to update my blog. It's been forever!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. It's great fun, and a fun way to meet new friends too.

Love the "pet pixs", even the snakes. I have a "thing" for snakes and spiders, so it's nice to know I'm not totally alone.

Enjoy your day. :)

Tenna Draper said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. I really do enjoy them!