Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

I'm at the office on my break. Today is Knit Knight, and I'm just a little excited about that--even though it's pouring down rain, and probably will do so off and on most of the day. I'm excited because I'm on the verge of finishing the poncho. The pieces are finished, I just have to do the finishing, and you ALL know how much I love finishing, right?

It's going to be a pretty thing. My worst fear is that it will be too small to go over my head. I suppose that I can add to the sides, but it just won't be the same. Plus, I need all the colorful yarn for the fringe, so it's likely if I do any "adding on" it will be in black only, which will break up the pattern and maybe make it look less "finished". It's hard to say, but I can't wear a poncho that's too small.

Now I could buy some more yarn. There's lots of it online, but I prefer to buy in the store. Thing is--I bought all the store had, and they haven't put up more.

How is it that this stuff seems to always happen to me?

As to the rain, they are saying it's part of Isaac, the storm that hit Louisiana and flooded it (again). Frankly, I thought it would get here WAY sooner than this, and when I saw the storms over the Northeast, I thought it had taken that left turn at Pokeepsi that Bugs was always talking about, and missed us...No such luck, I guess, but we need the rain. I can't complain about the rain. 

Well, I suppose it's time to get back to it. More later, when I finish the poncho.

No comments: