Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Today's Doings

I am quite undone.

Anyone who follows me on Facebook knows what happened at my office. It's been a pretty hard day for everyone there. I'm dealing with it the same way I deal with everything. Work.

Work, work and more work.

Whatever I can do to help keep her job kept up, so that things don't get too far behind.

I'm feeling a little lost, and of course, when I feel that way, I turn to the yarn stores. They always have something to cause me happiness in one way or another. Today's giggle is this...



Well, it's not the skein that made me giggle...but it will do, and I can use it in some of my other projects...plus I can use it in tonight's class for Crochet 101, which is why there's a crochet hook in the foreground. The Coke is there for interest and keeping me awake.

Though I don't know how I could sleep.

The story was in the local paper, too. Apparently, her husband is simply hanging by a thread, and they don't expect him to recover. After all he's done, I wouldn't expect that he'd WANT to recover, but you never know about these things. I sure wouldn't want to have to live the rest of my life as a vegetable, with my only memory being the last thing I saw--

They say you can tell when a dying person is going to hell. Folks who die peacefully at ease with their lives on Earth are serene and willing to go. The others die trying to hold on to this world, and they are not blissful or serene. 

I just hope my friend found her place in the sun. I truly do.

No comments: