Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cause & Effect

  After finishing a bunch of "things"...

A pennant football illusion in University of Michigan colors.
Two scrunchies in Michigan State University Spartan colors.
And a scarf made out of chenille and fuzzy balls...

I finally got to start on my sweater.

I began with a tubular cast on, and then started my pattern. So far, it's working, and I'm on the row where there's a right twist--easy really, as I'm only in the lower band.

And it looks like fit isn't going to be any problem at all, which is great.

Obama won the election--which means his "Obamacare" is going to raise our deficit even more, and means more taxes on me, which means less takehome, and I've already lost $40 a payroll--which is a LOT for me. A whole week's worth of gasoline that I can't afford now.

I am NOT happy.

But I know who is.

And it just galls me to no end, that I have spent my life, working my buns off so that I can have a reasonable retirement, only to find out that it's going to be completely gone by the time I'm ready to retire. Because there is no way for the government to pay for Obamacare. The rich can just take their money out of the market and go wherever they want to go. THEY ARE, AFTER ALL, RICH--RIGHT?

And when they do that, the banks will fail and the market will drop like a freaking STONE. Perhaps not like in the depression, but slower--like a slow death. Horrible. Just horrible.

If I sound like a doomsday prophet, so be it. I just don't think I can put my hope and trust into someone who has already shown that he's an overspender, adding 16 trillion to the debt, and that's BEFORE Obamacare.

So BOHICA!

No comments: