Thursday, July 4, 2013

Great Notions!

I volunteered to help with a project at the office. It's all non-profit stuff, and while I was thinking about it, I had this epiphany.

I could teach kids to knit, crochet, sew--all sorts of things! Like having a "home ec" teacher.

And then maybe have a weekly "knit night"!

So I talked about it with the "boss", and he thought it was a GREAT idea.

So at some point, I'm going to be in charge of a "group knit", and I can barely wait to start. Something neat to do with my retirement, too.

For now, though, I'll do the liaison stuff and help create stuff for the website. Can you believe it? I was asked if I would like to do that! Of course, I accepted. What cool padding for my resume! Not that I'm considering working that much longer. When I retire, I want to be able to have a little fun, work on my house and garden, help my husband remodel the basement, and other assorted things.

Tomorrow, we're taking the air conditioner in to be worked on--it didn't cool us last year very well. I hope we can get it back before the heat gets back into the red zone.

But today, we're just lazy around the house. Hubby has been burning lawn waste and limbs from the pine trees (don't worry, we started early in the morning before the grass even considered accepting dew drops). Firing off the blaze was hotter than hot, and it was hours before we could get close enough to it to rake up the tinder around the main fire. It's all down now, and smoking still, but there's no open flames. We're keeping our eyes on it.

Later, when the sun starts to go down, we might do a little weeding in the garden. It certainly could use it.

Elton is not coming along very fast. When weather starts to heat up, my need to be close to yarn goes way down. Even with smaller projects.

And while I was sitting in my chair this morning, I saw a doe and her twin fawns! That was really cool.

No comments: