Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Junk Mail

I really must go through all these papers on my table, because the cats have begun to spread them all over the house. Some of these may be important bills. But most is junk mail.

I’m one of those people who hates junk mail. I could heat my house for 3 years on 1 years worth of junk mail. This is not an exaggeration. What I need is a shredder—that will turn the junk mail into excelsior that will burn easily and quickly. I believe, however, that a common shredder machine would simply lose it’s edge quickly, and then I’d be back to square one. A wood chipper, perhaps? Imagine the bits of paper! A confetti-lover’s paradise!

Remember when we were kids we used to love hiding under the fall leaves after dad got done raking them into a neat pile? Remember his exasperation? We had no fear of spiders or bugs back then-most of these fascinated us, even when we remained at a respectful distance. Confetti might be a cleaner alternative…even if it is harder to clean up off the ground and out of your hair.

No comments: