Thursday, October 31, 2013

Progress on the Afghan

I've been working pretty hard on the afghan. I have about 1/2 skein of the second skein left, and I think it needs to be longer, so I'm glad that I bought more yarn.

One can never have too much yarn. You can fill that sentence with lots of objects---fabric, sewing machines, life, love, just to name a few.



My dental hygenist just obtained American citizenship. I'm hoping that she enjoys that. She's married to a good friend of mine--a great guy and a good man.

I had a sewing class at JoAnn's last night--it was a striped pillow. Pretty easy, except that the participants got fabric, instead of fabric TRIM, and so they didn't finish the pillow at the class, but they got all the instruction on how to make it, made a few trims for themselves out of the fabric they bought, and pinned them to the front. They got started, and the project ended up a take-home type thing. The class went well, and they were all very enthused about it. It was a fun class. I learned things, too.

Have I ever said that I love to knit? Actually, if you look over the years of blogging, you'll see lots of different things. It's almost time to get out my sewing machine and make quilts again. Blankets are always in high demand at our house. I have a ton of unfinished projects, which I'll begin to tackle once I retire.

Oh, and did I tell you I made a purchase at JoAnn's? Another one of those buy it, tie it blanket/throws--they were 50% off. I couldn't resist. I got a blue one (favorite color) and almost bought a second one, but couldn't find another one I liked as much. Of course, you know I still have the one I bought last year with lilacs all over it that hasn't been completed either because I couldn't find a table big enough to lay it all out in order to cut both pieces to the same size. Now you see the usefulness of my purchase, right? I have to find a table big enough to hold them. I think that I'll locate the lilac one, the yarn to finish off the edges, my ginghers and bring it all into the office and cut on the big conference room table next week--or maybe Sunday. That sounds like a plan forming.

In any case, it is Halloween. Sadly, it's supposed to rain all day and into dark. Bad for trick or treaters. We're having a meeting/party at the office with lots of great snacks. Stay dry and inside, trick or treaters. There are lots of places for you to go. I understand that one of the local malls is having an indoor trick or treat, and some folks have taken to calling it "Trunk or Treat", filling the trunk of their cars with candy, but I think that might set a bad precedent...

So have a great Halloween, any way you can!

No comments: