Thursday, September 10, 2009

Home from the Hospital

For what it's worth, I got home yesterday--too tired and sore to knit, watch tv or blog, but I'm feeling better today--still sore, mind you, but I managed to get some knitting done in between pain killer inspired naps. I've done two repeats on Path of Flowers today--while watching television. I should know better than to do lace while watching tv--I make some real bonehead errors when I try to multitask while knitting.

I'm only eating quickly made meals to keep from having to get up and down some. Trying hard to take it easy. My husband isn't being very cooperative right now, so I'm pretty ticked off at him--he doesn't like playing nursemaid--at least not for me, so I am pretty much on my own--this goes on for four weeks? He will drive me nuts!

Things are still relatively sore, but I can tell that I am on the mend. I have to contact the doctor's office to schedule a followup--perhaps tomorrow, since it is nearly 11pm. Yes, you guessed it. I've slept so much today that it will be difficult to sleep tonight. So perhaps I will take an 8 hour pain pill with a sandwich and my regular daily meds before I pop myself into this night of toss n turn.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the store to pick up some bottled water--for whatever reason, our water isn't very palatable right now, and it tastes funny. It's probably the pain medication. Not that I take a great deal of it--I don't. I take it when I simply cannot stand it anymore. Right now--pain level is about a 1 on a scale to 10 being a pain you'd sooner die of than go on--so there really isn't much call for a pain pill at the moment. So I may not take one before bed and instead opt for a sleeping pill? It's a thought.
Well I'm going to see if I can get a pic uploaded to flickr for the Stole, then I'll sign off. Bye for now.

No comments: