Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Surgery Went Fine..

Surgery went fine. Lots of nausea after, but by the 2nd day (which means that it's not really so much "outpatient" surgery), I was ready to be back home. They sent me home with two pain killers--both were pretty strong, but by the 5th day, I was pretty much pain free, with just a twinge here and there.

Hubby has been worried about me, but even that has sort of fallen off--he's mad at me right now, and of course, I have no freaking idea why, since he likes to play "silent treatment". I had a doctor appointment yesterday, and after that was spin group--and thought I'd told him all of that, but apparently not, because when I got home he was in one of those "moods", and even though I apologized for not reminding him that I'd told him that spin time was during the day now, since Linda changed it, he clearly forgot that I *HAD* told him. So my apology for "being gone so long" and "making him worry" was basically for nothing. He was PO'd all night.

Then he complained that I'd used up all the milk for my breakfast (wrong again--I had milk for dinner), and no cereal, and so late last night, I went to the store to get some. I got cereal for me and bottled water and yogurt--and asked him to bring stuff in from the car, that I was pretty wiped out. And no, I didn't come in empty handed--but apparently that didn't matter. He said he'd do it during commercial time, which was fine, then came in all PO'd telling me that he wouldn't bring in my water, that I made him miss "House" (television) show, which the commercial had JUST turned off (he hadn't missed anything), and threw a hissy fit for the balance of the evening that has continued to this morning.

So much for getting his breakfast. I didn't have any bleeding all day yesterday, until after getting those groceries, which, come to find out, he couldn't have anyway, because he has to have blood drawn today! And apparently, it's up to me to make sure that he's got cereal--since I don't eat his type of cereal (he eats shredded wheat, which makes me gag), I sort of leave it to him to let me know when he's out. It's hard enough for me to keep track of my own "stuff".

So basically, I'm getting the silent treatment, and he's being a big freaking BABY-all the while telling me that he's tired of me being a baby--

Somebody tell me that I'm not dreaming--I DID JUST HAVE SURGERY A FEW DAYS AGO! So I suppose that he's tired of feeling like he has to take care of me? So we're fighting--all because he believes that I didn't tell him about spinning time. I know that I did tell him--in fact, I remember the conversation! Sadly, he does not. And I have to put up with his BS, and frankly, I am not up to the task at the moment.

So I get my keys this morning to move my car so he can leave for his appointment, and I'm in my nightie (We live in the country, so no one to see.) and he's asking me, "Where the H*** are YOU going?" And I reply that I'm just moving my car so he can get out--like I'd go somewhere in my nightie--and he motions to me to pop the trunk, and he takes in my water (having listened to me hack and cough all morning). Go figure! I don't understand this man!

But the water is in, and he's gone to his appointment. I'm here alone in the house with the animals who are acting just as weird--seems like they all want to be on my lap at once, which can't happen. I think I need a Benedryl to dry up my sinuses.

I'm cosidering contacting Ray to work out his problems with email, although I did notice that he had sent me a test message this morning that made it's way to my inbox here at the household, so perhaps the problems have worked out.

Still working on Path Of Flowers, even though I want to work on a pair of Socks. My friend in California has gone another 16 rows ahead on the Summer Shawl, and have to catch up with her on that. The weather is cooling off. The morning has been extremely foggy. I've been putting away laundry. Normal stuff.

I guess I will get back to Path, and see if I can't finish it this week.

No comments: