Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Prisoner...

It's not a real feeling, mind you. I can leave if I want to leave. I just have no idea where I would go! I'm a prisoner of my bedroom. It's the only room in the house with air conditioning--

Well, I decided this morning to change that.

So now, I'm cooling the bathroom, too. The bathroom door is easier to open than the sliding pocket door, and makes much less noise and even closes faster!

Can you tell it's a slow news day?

Anyhow, yesterday was spent with my mother. I took her to her doctor appointment. Good news there--her hip hasn't shifted anymore than it did the last time he took a photo of her "innards", so she's babying that hip just fine now, and might actually start to heal. She doesn't have to see him again for a month. Then she had me take her to the DHS office in Ionia to find out about what she thought might be an overpayment. Turns out it's not, so she can go and buy some food! Then she decided that she wanted to hunt down a new chair--and since Jeff had offered up our little brown chair, she decided she wanted to see it. So we drove over to my house and she opted not to use her wheel chair, which was probably a bad idea, but she did it anyway and I followed with my hands under her arms more or less holding her up.

She tried the chair and likes it, even though it's a little low to the ground, but we can fix that. So sometime this weekend, we are going to take it to her house and raise it up a tad.

Then she decided she was hungry, so we went to the Chinese Buffet in Portland. Then I took her home and got settled. Then I took out the sewing machine and sewed the sleeves up on her shirts, and then I packed up and went home.

I got home at 4pm. Just in time to come home from work. Sorry, office. I figured I wouldn't make it in. When your mother asks you to do things when she's almost 78, you do them, and you don't ask why. But that was most of my day, yesterday, spent in the relative comfort of my car's air conditioning.

Today is Saturday. I could run in to JoAnn's and work on my ruffle for my blanket. I only have one more ruffle to go--or I could work on the cabled bag class. I think that's going to work up pretty quickly.

Or I could clean house. Which reminds me of the young girl on the commercial who pesters her parents to get on Facebook, and how they have 19 friends (SO SAD!). She has 600+ friends, and how she thinks it's living, while her parents are out at a campground, sitting around a fire, roasting marshmallows with real live people. Now, which one do you think I'd rather do?

Well, considering the heat--and the comparative coolness of the bedroom/bath, I think I'd rather be a prisoner and chatter with friends on Facebook at the moment...since I don't prefer the heat of the rest of the house, which is oppressive, and it's only 86!! So, it's a boring news day. And I'm behind a whole day at the office. Sigh. Someday I will learn priorities.

No comments: