Friday, July 30, 2010

Busy and HOT!

And not the Good Kind of Hot, either. I must be breathing too hard--it seems to be the only exercise I get these days, and I'm still sweating!

I finally got the materials to finish making the rug for my bathroom, and I'm past the underarm decreases on the front of the Blue Celtic Jumper, but not too far. It's been too freaking hot to knit! I should get some time in tomorrow morning while it's still cool in the house.

I had an appointment with the gall bladder surgeon, and she took a look at my films from my ultrasound and claims that the "sludge" my family doctor identified "wasn't at critical mass", but scheduled another procedure to see if my gall bladder is working efficiently, or if it truly is "diseased". If they find that it's markedly decreased in effectiveness, they will take it out. Otherwise, they are going to leave it alone.

That's a good thing.

But I've been in a foul mood all day due to caffeine withdrawal, so at lunch, I bought a little something for the headache. Now, the headache is gone, but the foul mood remains. It's just the heat, I keep telling myself. I want to knit, but my fingers are all sticky--I surely don't want to felt the yarn in my hands!

I stopped off at Country Stitches while I was out and about, and found a kit to make a Corn Bag--very similar to a Potato Bag, which I LOVE, so the kit (a scant $5) was MINE. It's really cute, too, with corn on the cob all over the fabric.

I also purchased a couple of "bag" patterns and some material to make a bag. I have to get out my sewing machine, do some repairs on my hubby's pants and then I can work on some sewing--might be cooler than knitting.

I have some chair covers to make too. So I'd best get going.

No comments: