Friday, July 23, 2010

The Really Bad Weather

Well, it looks like the really bad weather is heading to the south of our location, which is a good thing. The humidity, however, is completely unbearable. I got some really good shots of cloud formations today--and a couple of a pretty spectacular sunset. I have to get them into my computer, so you'll have to give me a minute.

As I was saying, one heckuva storm to the south of us. The weather channel shows it well south of Ann Arbor, but I can still see lightening strikes here, from nearly 80 miles away! Considering the curve of the earth and the distance, I would guess these storms to be quite high in the atmosphere to be able to see them from this far.

And the cloud formations have been of the sort that I've never seen before.

This one looked like mountains.

This one was right after work tonight. BIG storm. Never seen a sky so blue on one side of the world, while so slate gray on the other.


But that's not all! The sunset was EQUAL to the task.

Hard to believe that I took these with my Blackberry, isn't it?

I had a class today, Knitting 101, so didn't get a ton done on Celtic Blue, but I did knit some. The front is about 8" long now. I'm at the waistline (or so). Anyway, both students learned the requisite stitches, and bound off and out the door. On the way, I showed them the picture of the class being offered in the next month, and one of my students was preggers, so the timing was perfect to offer the class and give her something to knit for her baby! She was pretty excited about the prospect, so I think I'll have more students down the line.

Tomorrow morning, I have Crochet 101--yes, two, Two, TWO classes! Right after each other. I think the season for knitting might be picking up again!

I can only hope. It has been so slow!

Well, I'm going to relax for a few minutes, and then I will head for bed. Watch the skies. There are some pretty outstanding things going on in the late summer sky!


No comments: