Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello Again!

It has been a reasonably difficult few days around our household. I decided that I would have a grill party on Sunday, and spent Friday and Saturday cleaning house. Now, I can remember when I used to take a DAY, turn into this white tornado, and clean an entire apartment in less than a day--and not suffer for it.

I guess I'm getting old.

Not only did I not get the entire house clean in two days, I suffered bitterly for it. My feet and calves barely allow me to walk, they hurt SO MUCH! I've been limping around the house for the last two days. I think I'm a little better today...

But the party was a success, and that's really all that counts, right? The next door neighbor put on another spectacular show this year, the grill had enough propane in it for everyone's steaks and the skeeters weren't too bad, what with all the DEET I purchased on Saturday.

The big deal, though, and the reason for my taking time off, turned out to be not so much of a big deal. This was my 10th anniversary, and I for sure didn't want a funeral to overshadow my anniversary, and that was the reason for taking the time off, and the reason for cleaning the house and the reason for the party and EVERYTHING else.

At least for ME, it was the reason.

Not so much my hubby.

I explained to him that of course it wasn't such a big deal for HIM since he'd already had one (10th anniversary with his ex-wife), but that I was now years old, and had been married 3 times, and had never had a 10th anniversary. That it WAS a big deal for ME and that he'd better check his attitude at the door and have a good time, or that the 10th anniversary would be his last--not because I'd leave or divorce him, because I'd never do that--but I might consider "other alternatives". That's a joke, son. He got better, but later, complained about the skeeters, and went inside when the fireworks just started, rather than tell anybody that he needed to be sprayed with bug spray.

Why does he have to be such a big poopie head?

There has been next to no knitting accomplished this last 4 or 5 days, due to party prep and funeral (somehow, that just doesn't sound right, does it?). But today begins the first day of my actual 2 day vacation--since the next few days are pretty much free time, with nothing to do but grin and bear the heat--I do intend to make full use of it.

I've made a mistake on Rhiannon, and it's just about signed the death nell for this project--which isn't working out as well as I'd hoped, even though I have followed the instructions to the letter--either I ran into a mistake in the pattern, or I mis-read something, which might have been since I tried to knit while in the throes of a migraine, and the medication caused me to fall asleep.

Mental note: Never try knitting while you're asleep.

Other than having to rip back a few rows and re-knit, I'm good to go, and I have to really THINK about this (in good light, in a cool room, with all my patience intact) before I try to actually DO it. Right at this moment, I'm thinking more sleep is a good idea. So that's where I'm headed.

Updates later.

No comments: