Monday, July 19, 2010

While the Whole World Watches...

We are still waiting, really and truly for the BP issue in the Gulf to be 100% resolved. So far, all that has really occured is a bandaid-when the bone needs reset! I have a hard time believing that this is still an issue. I suppose that its not an easy fix, but it does seem that the time to fix has been excessive--considering that it still isn't fixed!

There isn't really much going on today. Work is extremely slow.

Yesterday, I sat on my swing, enjoyed the evening breeze and crocheted some on my Wave Afghan. Almost 4 feet long now, with lots more yarn to go. When done, it will fit a twin size with lots of overhang. A wonderful Christmas gift to the grandkids. I can't wait for Christmas--not for the gifts this year, but for the cooler weather.

Hush! I know its on it's way! Only too soon, we'll be outside raking maple leaves and then, a few weeks later, shoveling snow.

Just so you know, I have it on good authority, that winter is coming early this year. So get your wood stockpile in asap!

I'm going to spin day today and taking my wheel and some wool to spin. I'm taking a short break from knitting, and finishing up some wips. I want to finish up the fair isle sweater, which has been a long time coming. I'd like to wear it this fall.

But that's all there is for now. Hubby might get the deck powerwashed today, if I'm lucky, and then this week, painting can begin.

Also, we're picking up the Impala at the shop and we'll put my car back into storage. I have to call the insurance company to set that up again.

No comments: