Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Scarf of the Year

My last scarf was too short, as I said, and I wasn't happy with the width either.

So I pared the stitches down to 10, instead of 12, used size 13 needles to help take up the slack in between the puffballs, and while the scarf is only slightly longer, I'm much happier with it.

Big change in the pooling of the colors, however, which I'm not too impressed about that, but them's the breaks.

I did manage to find another skein at Michael's store, but think I might return it, as I don't think I need it anymore.

It's New Year's Eve. No special plans.There's nothing special on television except for football previews, and the local stations are all spouting about MSU...The biggest complaint about it, is that I have heard that the Wolverines are playing in the Gator Bowl, and frankly, I don't think they deserved to play in a well known bowl game--if anyone deserved it, it was MSU. 

Ah, my brother-in-law would disagree with my assessment, I suppose (grin)--he's a staunch U of M follower. For Christmas one year I had to buy him a U of M Clock. This has sort of been a standing rivalry between he and I, and every time we see each other, it becomes a taffy pull as to who will end up at the Rose Bowl. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. This year, we both lost.

Or we both won. I suppose it was a tie, either way you look at it.

But a new year is just around the corner. Do I have any resolutions? None that I can think of--naturally, I could stand to lose some weight. I could join the local gym and exercise more. I could promise to limit my yarn budget to a lot less that I spent this last year. I could spend more time with family and friends. You know. All the normal stuff.

I think I am going to resolve to go to church on Sunday. I think that's what I'm going to do. It's only 52 days for the entire year, right? I think I can manage it, as long as I can take my knitting with me.

Would that be considered rude?

In any case, I'm scarf happy and getting back to the HoneyComb Scarf that I was working on for JoAnn's. I downloaded a really pretty scarf pattern from ArtYarns, and will probably make it next year for a Christmas gift.

But for those who read my column regularly, Have a Safe and Happy New Year filled with lots and lots of blessings and presents and yarn and whatever else you might wish for! Since I only know what I would wish for, that's what I list...your list may vary.

Have a happy one!

No comments: