Sunday, December 12, 2010

Still Hot and Heavy..

Well, mostly heavy with hot flashes, anyway.

Meant for my work on my gs's sweater. I have the front, back and neckline done. I have to work the sleeves. I think I'm going to do a 40 stitch sleeve, which should be plenty big for his arms (he's a skinny, cold kid).

Had the worst dream I think I've had in a long long time. There was some sort of virulent bug going around, killing people. And the government set up a tank full of water that folks could, if they wanted, to jump into and basically mass suicide by electrocution. To help ease the fears, a dog was also killed at the same time.

Hey, don't ask me where this stuff comes from!

I'd be perfectly happy to just sort out my knitting! But the dream really shook me, and I dreamed about putting the information in a journal, so I thought perhaps my dream was saying: Put this in your blog.

I was also going to a website that was tracking all the people who were electrocuted this way, honoring their sacrifice--the whole thing just mortified me. Most of the people were already terminally ill--not that it matters to the effect the dream had on me, but the whole thing was meant so that the government didn't have to pay to take care of these folks in their last days--older, infirm were also accepted--times when most folks medical care is at their most expensive.

And of course, I'm from the baby-boomer generation...so elder-care is going to be a drain on the government's resources when it comes to my time--and this is probably why it affected me so deeply. I'm worried that I'm going to end up in that tank...not by government decree, necessarily, but just so that I'm not a drain on someone's finances--and I definitely don't want the government in charge of my care.

And thusly, we come to government run health care.

And now you know, the rest of the story.

No comments: