Monday, November 28, 2011

Sunday/Monday

Sunday was a bad day. I had a sore throat. It simply destroyed my whole weekend. Today (Monday) I'm headed for the doctor. I have been in bed for the last 12 hours sleeping off and on, sometimes with a cough drop in my mouth.

I don't sleep well with a cough drop in my mouth. I used to try that when I was a kid, and somehow it would end up stuck in my hair. My mom used to comb my hair when I was little, and I had long hair. She got tired of combing cough drops out of my hair. I can't say I blame her. I seemed to be sick a lot as a kid, and I get sick when the season's change from fall to winter and winter to spring. Some say it's allergies. I just think it's the most horrible thing. I truly hate being sick. I'm such a whiner.

I'm about 3/4 done with my stealth project. That's a blessing. I haven't worked on it at all today. It's weird, because I am always knitting. Today, I'm not sure I'm going to attempt it. It's not like I'm feverish or anything--just a sore throat and stuffy nose, but I know if I don't kick it in the butt right away, I will be sick for months. First, it develops into bronchitis, and then pneumonia. I can't get that sick.

And my friend at work emailed me wanting to do lunch, but I couldn't seem to get myself around until an hour later to let him know that I can't.

Being sick is a sad state of mind.

See? I told you. Whiner.

I'll miss my class tomorrow night, too. That's not nice. It's okay. Boss wants me to get better and not pass this bug around to others. I understand that. If I feel better, though, I might just head over to Lake O to knit night--because they will get the other gal to take my place or reschedule.

All because I'm sick. Boo Hoo.

I feel like I'm not going to live, even though my husband said that I would. Of course, he's not SICK. Even so, he's asking me to tell the doctor go give me extra antibiotics FOR HIM. Um, yeah, right. The doctor will be all for that, I'm really sure of it. I ought to just go into the living room and spread my germs all over him, just for the heck of it. Just touch my itchy eye and put my finger in his mouth. Nothing like spreading germs the sneaky way. But I won't. I have a conscience. Then, he takes my WI-FI hub out of our room and puts it elsewhere so that he can get 100% connection speed, while I only have 78%. Now, this is not good, because frankly, I pay for the darn thing, it should be ME at 100%. So I'm irritated, on top of being sick.

Just a bad day all around.

Well, it's getting close to time to go, and I want to check out the new patterns on Ravelry, so *cough*. Bye.

No comments: