Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm Thinking a Couple Days...

Rest, and relaxation, tarnation!

It's the weekend. I didn't think it would ever get here, and do you realize that you have less than 2 months before Christmas?

It's just too much for my mind to fathom. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we were shoveling snow out of the drive--and to think it was at least 6 months ago!

I haven't got ANY of my Christmas knitting done. It's boggled my mind. I can't think straight.

I did finish a pair of gloves for my winter wear. I have to make a pair for my hubbo--he lost the last pair. They only needed a little mending (big hole in the palm--easy to fix). And I started a pair of pink fingerless gloves--which I'm considering giving to my grand-daughter for Christmas, along with a puffy scarf I made last month. Otherwise, that's IT.

I have a special present in mind for my son, but can't talk about it here, because he reads my blog (nyah, nyah), and it's going to take me a while. So I suppose I should at least start it...and soon.

My hubby's side of the family isn't drawing names this year. I think it means that we're buying a little something for everyone. I assume that means some major bending of the credit card this Christmas, because I like giving nice gifts. Things that took some thought. Things that match the giftee--for instance, the fingerless gloves I made for my son two years ago, and the matching hat last year were both wonderful. The Nurse Kitty for my sister in law was a really cool gift. But this year, I'm at a loss. I suppose I could take a handful of dishcloths and pass those around, but that's more of a birthday gift than a Christmas gift. I've got an idea for my step daughter, but I'm pretty sure that she already has one. Her husband is as easy to buy for as I am. My mother in law likes clothing and jewelry. My other sister in law, her husband and their children are coming up from Florida--and they don't use knitted wear much down there--not that I would have time to do it anyway.

And so I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to start. I've had a bit of a sagging interest in knitting. Not that I'm losing interest, but because I'm always so tired when I get home from work. I simply don't feel like doing anything except sit down and watch television. It's very likely the chill in the air and the cloudy days and the lack of sunshine that's causing my intrigue to wan. Even though I'm still knitting, my productivity has gone WAY down.

It's cold in the house, and I'm a little uncomfortable, so I'm going to sign off and crawl under the covers to get warmed up. Hubbo says he can't mow lawn until the grass is dry which may be late in the afternoon considering the amount of frost we got this morning. That's another thing--having to scrape the windshield. Sigh. It's going to be a long winter.

No comments: