Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's Finally Here!

Christmas Morning and none too soon!

Santa brought all sorts of things, including some that we have to deliver....(we're a hub, you see?). Santa got my hubby some new underthings, a new wallet, a cardigan (courtesy of Younkers Meridian Mall) and hand-made gloves. He's pretty happy.

Tenna got a fuzzy robe and jammies, a Shark Vacuum Cleaner, cordless and handheld, and still hoping for the Addi Lace Interchangeables, but they aren't here yet. Santa had to go all the way to Germany to get them, I suppose, so they are taking longer.

Gifts for delivery are a couple of hats and scarves, a cowl, a Hello Kitty and one of those new sew fleece blankets. Which had technically been intended for one person, but it's going to have to go to a different one. Not that Santa forgot about that someone, but because hubby is sending the family to a fun-park, and well, that's just going to completely change things entirely.

But the food is on, cooking. Hubby's made his signature baked beans, and I've made my signature meatballs, and we're going to be leaving pretty soon, I hope.

I finished my shrug. I've gained a bit in "girth" apparently, especially around my upper arms--and the robe didn't fit, but the shrug wasn't quite big enough around my belly. So I added a ruffle. And if you can overlook the sleepy-eyed woman in the picture, and just look at the shrug, you'll see what I mean!

I know, I know. Pretty frumpy in my new jammies. The shrug is perfect, though. Now I have to buy the perfect button--I was thinking a toggle would work best.

Now, on to the next project!

No comments: