Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Week is Passing

It's snowing outdoors. It's cold. I've got my jammies on with my woolen slippers. I'm not cold in the house, but outside it's just too cold. I don't want to go anyplace today, even though I really need to get out and return hubby's Christmas sweater (slightly too small) and my robe (extremely too small) for exchanges for a larger size. I had no idea that my upper arms were that big, but guess I'm a big girl now.

I swept the stairs that lead to the basement and once at the bottom of the stairs, found a hairball the size of Rhode Island. I graded all the cat upchuck from the floor that had turned into cement, and dumped it all in an empty bag of cat food, spiders and all. Then I took my new handheld Shark vacuum and vacuumed all the little nooks and crannies (what's a crannie?) and sat down to type it all down.

Interesting blog fodder, eh?

I ran out of Christmas gifts at the end of the giving part, and parted with the crochet shrug I'd made when hubby's sister turned up and I had no gift for her. I didn't really get much for the guys, because most of the guys don't appreciate that sort of thing anyhow, but everyone of the women and girls got SOMETHING. I think. I hope I didn't miss anybody.

So, I'm in the process of making another shrug, this time in blue/green, and after one skein, I can see it's going to be very jewel-toned, and probably too pretty to wear about the house....however, it doesn't wear well under a coat--as the sleeves come to about the elbow.

The urge to go shopping is really strong, but the snow is discouraging me. I expect that from here on out we won't see much of the ground anymore. Sigh. I'm starting to miss the color green again.

No comments: