Sunday, February 19, 2012

Flowered Baby Hat and New, Improved Granny Square

Now, I've been knitting all day, and feel like I'm getting nowhere fast. I have about 17 ridges done of an illusion cloth for my brother (there are only 150 or so rows, so it's not overly cumbersome), but it feels like it's taking forever. I think he'll like the outcome, and I figure it will go in his "man-cave", but I can't seem to get anywhere on it. I keep setting it down, looking at it, to see if it really looks the way it's supposed to look. Right now, it looks like so much knitting.

Notice that I didn't jazz up the square? That's because I just wanted to get it done, and because I didn't want to make another trip to JoAnn's to spend more money. The hat turned out cute as (well, been there done that) and the flower had to be redone differently than the pattern because it was just too many petals. Five petals turned out to be just right for the size of the flower, so that's what I did. I think it would look especially cute with a little red heart button in the center.

Alas, Granny's head was too big for the hat, but only slightly--the hat just popped right off and landed on the floor with all the cat hair. And so, we set the hat on top of her bun.

Thank you, Anna, for the use of your Granny Christmas Knitter. She sits by my chair every day.

No comments: