Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Major Win

I'm having a little trouble believing what just happened.

Our office had a big meeting with the new boss-lady, and wonder of wonders, she overturned the last boss-lady's requirement of administrative staff having to sign in!!!

No more STRESS in the morning! No having to sign in! And the manager, while not exactly happy with the idea, is going along with the rest of the crew, even though she believes in following the rules. I understand that there are rules, you understand, and it's a rare instance when I fail to honor them, but I have always had difficulty with micro management and authority that holds the rod over your head.

In any case, on to more fun things, right?

We got a small yellow mum to administrative day (tomorrow) today. It's very pretty. I'll put it in the garden when I get home. We also got a small box of chocolates. I can always use chocolates. They will get eaten eventually, but I've already had a BUNCH of candy, so I'm not going to do any more at this time. And they aren't going in the ground at home, either...just the plant.

I'm pretty excited about it all, actually (in case you can't tell). I'm hoping that the rest of the crew doesn't screw it up for the rest of us. We all really needed a break from it. It was really messing with other people's feelings about their jobs.

But I got a pretty yellow plant! It's so sun-shiny, and it just makes me want to go outside and celebrate spring. It's nice to get gifts.

On an ominous note, my horoscope said that someone was lying to me by keeping secrets. Well, that could be one of my friends, or someone here at the office. It could go either way. I'm hoping that it doesn't affect my mood much.

I also got an email from a friend who moved to Florida, stating that her cancer has returned and so she's selling her shop so she can take better care of herself. I'm worried about her. She nearly didn't make it through chemo the last time. Her best friend is one of my friends, too, and I'm sure that she's just falling apart about it. I send her an email telling her I was sorry, asking if she was okay, but I doubt that she'll answer. Maybe she will, but I really do doubt it.

Tonight is knit night, and I have all sorts of projects to work on in the car and in my little sheepie carrier. Things are going to be good today. I just know it.

No comments: