Sunday, February 14, 2010

Contest Sweater

Well, everything is done to the underarms, and I finished binding off the front shoulders this evening. Tomorrow, I will be working on the back shoulders, and then all that will be left is the finishing and embellishments. Then I can turn it in to the contest.

I'm so excited!

While I was at JoAnn's demonstrating today, I saw a woman walk past me, and I thought...hmm...that looks like...and just as I was thinking that, she turns around and says "You look so familiar! Do I know you?" And the second she started talking, I knew it was her, and I said,

"Yes, absolutely you know me, and I know you..you're ." To which she replies

"You're right, but I can't remember your name"...and she seemed to think a beat, and then out pops my name!

Well, we spent a few minutes catching up, and I invited her to Spin Day at Linda's, and well, it's just going to be so much fun tomorrow, because I have the day off, and I get to reconnect with girlfriends past and present. I used to work with this person, until I moved into a different position (where I'm still working) then she retired, and we lost touch. So it was great catching up!

So, Carolyn, hope to see you tomorrow! And I also hope to have the main thrust of the sweater done before spin day, because I do want to spin and ply up that green yarn so that I can knit something with it!

Dudes! This is going to be so cool!

No comments: