Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello, Saturday!

No class to teach today or tomorrow (ratz!), so I'm staying home pretty much. I walked out to the livingroom to find this:

IMG00016.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see that there is CAT HAIR in the bed. So they are actually using it, but just never when I have the camera ready.

Sneeky little lint lickers!

Then, as I was passing my cat box, something lept out into my hands, and so I carefully lay it on the coffee table and took a pic...

IMG00017.jpg

Cute baby hat, doncha think? This is the knitting pattern for the class at JoAnn's for the month of March and April.

IMG00021.jpg

It has a squared off top, which I'm going to make a little pom for it--which should set it off cuter still. I think that the self striping yarn did a really good job, don't you? Knitting this pup took all the patience I had in me, as the yarn wraps around itself (it has 3 different colors which aren't cut off until the hat is practically done), so there was much tangling and swearing.

I have enough yarn to make 20 of these. I think that, since my own family is apparently never going to have babies, that I will opt to give baby hats to the hospital for newborns to wear home. Cool idea? First I have to calm down from all the tension from knitting it, though.

Another project on the horizon--another child sweater, this time in the local college colors, with buttons that I will be making myself out of covered buttons. The fabric will be treated, then ironed to freezer paper, cut to 8.5 x 11 and run through my printer.

The college? Well, this should give you a clue.

No comments: