Wednesday, February 24, 2010

S O X

Well, I finished my socks, and I am so done with socks for the moment that I could just scream.

Nevermind that they self-striped all the way to the heel flap and then, without warning, changed color!

I had to do some pretty fancy footwork to fix that and get back to the striping, but I couldn't do it on the heel. The second the heel was finished, though, I reconnoitered the yarn so I could work the stripes again.

The end result is the socks are identical on the front and back--except for the heels.

I also ran out of yarn a half inch into the toe decreases, so I had to buy another skein of the yarn. I managed to get this section to match up well, too. Next time when I use Paton's Kroy, I will work a 7" leg, instead of an 8" leg--that should allot enough yarn for splicing from knots and give tha small balance I need for the toes.

Pic:
IMG00025.jpg


Now the intention is to finish up the contest sweater and get pics and mail them out.

Now would be a good time to own a dress form.

No comments: