Thursday, February 25, 2010

Contest Tank

I worked on the contest tank last night. I fiddled with an applied I-cord for an hour or more before finally going to the web to remind myself how to do it.

I managed to get both armholes done, but I have to kitchner the left side armhole together and bury the ends.

The end result is gorgeous, and a technique I will use in the future, so I'm taking notes for my little journal.

I'll be working on the neckline today, saving the kitchner for when I am home.

I also found the perfect rosebud to embroider in the trellis for accent to give the top a bit of color so it's not so plain. I still have to figure out the rose spray for the shoulder (a little testing needed for that), and then it will be blocking time. Afterward, time to take the picture, fill out the application and turn in my submission a full month, I expect before the time is up.
The closer I get to being done with the knitting, the more excited I get about the possibility of winning!

No comments: