Friday, January 27, 2012

A BAM CAL

What's that? You ask.

Well, a BAM is a "block a month" (familiar to the quilters out there, probably), and CAL is "Crochet A-Long".

And there is one going on (well, actually probably more than one) inside of Ravelry, which I joined. I just finished the first block, and it is

um...

blocking on the blocking boards now, and so I took a picture for historical purposes (and so that I could share with you).

The block utilizes many different techniques--there's a little applique, a little embroidery, crochet, of course, and blocking to size. Everything for the crocheter who also likes to quilt! That, friends, would be me.

So, without further adoo, here's the block for January:
of course, you'll note that I accidentally cut off the top border when I took the blurry picture, but it is what it is, I suppose. As you can see, I'm not such an even embroiderer, nor am I good at the blanket stitch (at least keeping the stitches evenly spaced, anyway), but you can't be perfect at everything...can you?

And, if this interests you, you may sign up for the BAM CAL here.

No comments: