Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Had This Hunch...

But it didn't help at all! I stopped off at JoAnn's on the way home (not that the store is on the way home, but rather that I went there before actually GOING home), and I dropped off another scarf (there are two featured for the next two months for classes in Crochet, and I made samples of both, plus a block that was called "Woven Stitch"). No pictures, though, until I can get the projects back...bummer for you, but it helps me make sales of classes at JoAnn's if people can see the finished projects.

I'm a little worried that everything is "scarf-ish" this time, and wonder if people are maybe "tiring" of scarf this and scarf that. I know I am.

Therefore, I bought some yarn (oh, like you didn't know THAT!)...in green and white (well, it's cream, but against the green, it will still look white, and won't look dirty quite as soon! Two birds!), and the plan is to make Spartan hats...

Sort of like the reindeer/panda/hello kitty hats I've made, just with a "Michigan State Spartans" theme. I plan to put it on display and turn it into what JoAnn's calls a "trend" class.

This is where I write up a pattern, and it's submitted to the corporate office, and they do all the checking with the powers that be, and let me know if I can do it or not.

Well, who knows? Once I get an idea in my head, it's hard to let go.

So I have to figure out what the end result is going to look like, and while the colors aren't a problem, the end result is a little daunting. I don't want it to be just an ordinary hat, and I don't want it to be so hard that people can't make it, but I want it to be special enough that others will desire it, and take the class to make it.

So there you go...a complete quandry in a few sentences.

I also purchased yarn to make a this way and that way scarf. What is it with all the scarves, people? You'd think it was getting cold outside! But I think since I have to teach the class to make this bird, I have to figure out how to make it fly.

So that's what is on the needles. Plus I've got a little tatting project going, but I have to practice my tatting. There are parts I don't remember how to do, and since some folks at JoAnn's want me to do a trend class for it, I figured I should "brush up". I'll let you know how that goes.

In the meantime, I'm between projects, and reading a book. It's called "Scott Free" and written by one of my favorite authors John Gilstrap. So I'll see you as soon as I have something to really say or show. Bye for now.

No comments: