Saturday, October 27, 2007

Class Cancelled--

I drove in to the LYS to get to my class, only to find out I had the wrong needles with me. So, because the LYS didn't have the correct length, I drove over to another LYS, bought them and headed back, sat down and waited for the teacher.

The owner stopped by the table, and let me know that I had been the only one to sign up for the class, and it had been cancelled.

Well, I was heartbroken.

These things happen, though, so I signed up for the "next time around" in January, heaving a sigh, because I stayed up until after midnight to get the cuffs done.

From there, I drove to see my ex-mother-in-law, and we had a nice chat, then I went back to the LYS and used my gift certificate. Then I went home.

I added a few new projects to my list of things to be done. I started supper. I printed off my mitten pattern, and decided to make another pair. I'm torn between making them out of wool or making them out of wool-eze. I could do either. I've got an entry there about my red sweater button band? Did you notice that? Well, I finished the neckline, then decided that I didn't like the button band. I made it wrong, and it gaps in between the buttons. The LYS and I brainstormed for nearly an hour, and the best idea was to take out the neckline, drop down the button band and reknit it OR get a pin/broche and forget about the button band all together. I've got a pin!!! I'm going to test the pin idea out. Failing that, I'm going to undo the neckband and drop down the button band and reknit it from the 5th row or so--a task I'm not really looking forward to, so we'll see if the pin idea works. If I like the look of it, I'll go with that, saving the button band issue for another day in, say, another lifetime.

So...the fair isle kit goes into the closet for the time being, and I get myself ready for cooler weather.

All in all, sort of a boring day, really.

Today's tarot card is the Emperor. Usually when I draw this card, I have some sort of disagreement with my husband, or a concern about my husband. Right now, he's playing "Mr. Distant". He was irritated at me this morning for going to the class, what with tomorrow being band practice and all. He doesn't seem to be upset...in fact, he's watching television...more horror movies.

Boo.

No comments: