Friday, October 12, 2007

Knotty Knots Socks


This pair seemed to drag along, mostly because the foot is all stockinette. If it weren't for the name, I'd put the pattern down the instep, but I think all those Knotty Knots would hurt inside my shoes.
My doggie got sick, and her schedules were a mess! I took her to the vet on Monday, and literally spent the last week medicating my best buddy, but she's on the mend, and things are moving along fine now. Her schedule is coming back online and then some. We're also taking time out of our day to walk more--the weather is cooling, the leaves are falling on the ground, the squirrels are preparing for their winter sleep, and the deer hunters are out and about. Mandy gets a kick out of walks down the road--what with all the smells and such. I think she walks about four times more than I do, walking back and forth across my path.




Poor thing! I have to teach her to come when called. She gets loose and she goes for a quick run. Once on the run, she will not come to me. I have to stop at the store, buy a reasonably long rope and a swivel snap hook. Then we go outdoors.
I've also come to the conclusion that she was abused--even though the breeder told me that they were a good family--she is mortally terrified of...
Fly Swatters.
I only have to say it, and she runs and hides. I make sure only to say it when she's being naughty. I wonder how she'll fare in the spring when the flies come out? Well, we shall see.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

The colors of your socks are just what I am looking for. I want to make a pair to wear to my son's high school soccer games. Can you tell me what sock yarn you used. My knitting guild has a yarn crawl next Saturday and I want to know what brand to look for.

Thanks,

Lynn

Tenna Draper said...

Lynn: It's called MAINE LINE yarn. The link is at home, and I will get it for you a bit later.