Monday, October 8, 2007

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Yes, it's been 20 years ago or so. Right around this time of year---in fact the only reason why I remember it so well, is that he left me one day before my brother's birthay, or October 15.
It still startles me that this stuff still bugs me after all these years. I asked the tarot why He feels it was a "bitter divorce". Justice is the drawn card. He feels he didn't get a fair shake. I must admit, I basically took everything with any value--however, he left me with all the bills and a $15,000 bankruptcy! I've heard he'd told people that he loved his motorcycle more than me...well, he lost his precious love of his life in the divorce, since it was part of the bankruptcy, and one of the main reasons why we went broke to begin with. I walked into the bank with my good credit to talk to the loan officer personally--and signed MY name to the bottom line. The motorcycle may have been his baby, but I paid the mortgage for it. The other was that he was constantly out of a job. In our early days, he got me fired from my good job--and I had to start all over again at minimum wage. This started the ball rolling downhill fast. The stress was too much for me. Working my buns off everyday, while he'd get a job, only to lose it in a few months was just too much. And then he wondered why the "night life" wasn't all that HOt hot hot! No, I bet he does feel like he didn't get a fair shake. But it didn't take him any time at all to sell that motorcycle (after he'd stolen it off our property--taking the doors off the garage to get to it), and the funds went in payment to the bankruptcy. I paid the rest, and nearly lost my job when they told me they were going to garnish MY wages (because, as usual, he didn't have a job at the time, and I was the only one who was steadily working). So out of $15,000, he actually paid only $2k. I'd say he got out CHEAP!
It's time to show progress knitting.

These particular socks have been taking quite some time, as normally I can get a pair out in a week--these have taken me longer--much longer--than I expected them to. It's not the pattern, as that seemed to go fairly quickly, but the foot is entirely stockinette, and on size 1's well, it's just not going so fast.

Here's a close up of the stitch pattern called Knotty Knots.


However, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I have only an inch or two and I will be decreasing for the toes. Notice that one is green and the other yellow? Well, when I bought the yarn, I didn't realize that they were both only 50 grams each! So I did what knitters call "fraternal twins". My husband calls them "clown socks". He has no appreciation for art.

Some people collect things. I have lots of collections. One of my favorites is my pin collection. Here are some of the most recent additions. Now, my pins can be old, new or in between, but they have to have something about them that drew my eye in a fantastic way.
These are all on my purse. Aren't they pretty?

Today's tarot card is the 10 of wands again. I get this card a lot on Monday. It means a hard day's work is ahead for me. I'm also going to take the dog to the vet, so I'm going in late, which means I'll have less time to do that which I normally take all day to do. It's likely that I will have a very full load. I'm not ready for it. I had a very lazy weekend--where all I did was drive around miss daisy (my husband) and go get groceries. I didn't even make supper on Sunday night (to my defense, I must say that it's been extremely hot this weekend, and sweating took a great deal of effort.).


It's light outside now. I have yet to shower then to take Mandy to the vet. I'm a little worried about taking her over in the car, which makes her nervy--and prone to further illness. She's losing weight now! First, however, I'm going to dump the cat litter. What a fancy life I live, eh?









No comments: