Sunday, September 29, 2013

And a Howdy Do, To You, Too!

  I've been trying all weekend to download the drivers for my printer. Of course, there's more software involved, but for whatever reason, I can't just download the driver and be done with it.

So now, 177 mb later, I'm still waiting for the finish of the 190 mb involved. However, this time, it's different. I can even see the speed has gone up 100%, and I've only been online today for about 30 minutes for this software. I can't believe it. After more than 50 tries during the week, it's finally going to load.

Amazing sometimes how persistent I can be--even down to waking up at 2:30am just to check the download (it cancelled). I think Hewlett-Packard must have a "you get one hour on our server, then we CUT YOU OFF AT THE KNEES!"

Today, I'm not experiencing that. It's Sunday. Everyone is asleep today.

-----

As an aside, I dreamed about the end of the world last night. Not so much about the actual event, but that there were people left to wander and try to find others so that they could support each other and maybe "get through it". What can I say? I have strange dreams when I don't take my sleeping pills.

-----

And the install is going perfectly...so far.

-----

I haven't done any knitting or crocheting. I've been on Pinterest most of the weekend. I did, however, locate a recipe for Cheddar, Potato and Ham Soup. We made a big kettle full of it, and the taste is out of this world! PHC is probably the best soup in the world for this time of year. Unless you make White Bean Soup or Chili. They're good for autumn-time, too.

And speaking of Autumn, the trees around here are just starting to change colors--even the oak trees are getting into the act, with oranges and golds, which don't usually appear on oaks--they generally just turn brown and fall off in the spring...but it's nice to see them with a little color on them.

In short, it's a misty, chilly fall morning, and I just finished my second cup of coffee. You all need to try the Cheddar/Ham/Potato Soup I posted to Facebook. It's really good!

No comments: