Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Continuing with a Broken Brain

This evening is knit night.

It is so sad, because I have a broken brain.

How do I know this?

Because in the first place, I know, deep down in my subconsciousness, that Tuesday night is knit night. In the second place, I know that I have to stop in Lowell to buy some rats for Sneaky Snake from a person I found on Craig's List. In the third place, I got all of my stuff around this morning to take to knit night.

All that is, except the crochet hook which is fundamentally required in order to crochet on Elton.

I suppose I could blame it on the darkness of the room.

I suppose that I should have prepared items the night before.

Of course you know that I didn't do either of these things, and since I was working on Elton last night, I set my crochet hook down on my foot rest. I know it's still there because I called my husband in a panic, and he went to look and yes, there it was.

But the panic was unfounded.

Why, you ask?

I'll tell you.

I get out of work today at noon for a dentist appointment. Then I'll hit McDonald's. Then, I'll go HOME and get my crochet hook. Then, I'll drive to Lowell and get the rats. Then, I'll head to knit night.

Getting out early from the office makes EVERYTHING WORK OUT just right.

In the meanwhile, I have just about finished Elton's second back leg. I may get to sew his back legs on this evening--at least that's my hope.

Just as soon as I fix my broken brain.

No comments: