That bring me joy....
1. Waking up early in the morning to watch the sun rise--when everything is covered in mist, and the sun comes out all golden yellow, with pink and blue in the sky, and the only ones awake are me and the birds and the light breezes lifting the leaves in the trees in a "glad you could be here" handshake.
2. Massed bands at the Alma Highland Festival Opening Ceremony. So much color. So much sound. So much emotion. Pride swelling inside knowing that this is part of my heritage, and something that I will remember when I'm old (no, really REALLY old) and gray, and can no longer rise out of my chair.
3. Arriving at a destination where I've never been, pitching my tent, and falling asleep to the sound of crickets and tree frogs.
4. Listening to the Beach Boys Endless Summer CD.
5. Spending time (and money) with my girlfriends at fiber shows, buying yarn.
6. Foot massages or even getting a manicure/pedicure.
7. Believe it or not, the bugler (that's the guy who plays the bugle) playing Taps at the funeral....not joy at the passing of the person, but the mournful sound of the lone bugle at the end of the day (or life) that tells the camp to rest. Rest is good.
8. Coming home after a hard day, and my hubby gives me a kiss, the dog gives me a kiss, the cats visit my lap, and sometimes reach up and give me a nosing, and I can feel comfortable in my own skin.
9. Watching the sun set and roasting marshallows over the campfire.
(I guess I'm sort of an outdoorsey sort of gal!)
10. Riding motorcycle with the man I love...which at the present time, isn't happening, actually, but only the memory of a previous "love". Memories of camping/band/motorcycle rather dominate my happier memories, and are the times that I miss most, but not forever, I shouldn't think, if I get my way.
Oh, did I say 5 Best things? Somehow, managed to find 10. Think I'll stop there.