Sunday, January 31, 2010

Only Sunday?

Yesterday was a fantastic day! Not only did I get a paycheck from JoAnn's, I was able to finally for once take my mother and my son out to a nice restaurant.

I also bought her some crochet thread and t-shirts at Hobby Lobby.

And I found the perfect yarn for Born to Knit's Dragon Hat--so I'll be casting on for that soon.

I finished another child sweater. This one turned out quite a bit nicer than the first one, which was nice, but very small, and will only fit a newborn, I'm sure. So I'm thinking--since it's a quick project, I might knit up a bunch of these and give them to the local hospital? That might help get rid of some of my stash.

Hubby keeps telling me that I'm stashing him out of house and home.

I finished the felted flower, but I'm not very happy with it. I'm going to try another flower, but I'll use a different yarn and a different pattern--this one I'm hoping for a sunflower or a daisy--maybe a bunch of them--to put on a felted purse...it's still in the "planning" stages yet.

I also finished the leaf lace scarf--in dusty turquoise, and I put tassels on the ends of it for decoration. The entire project used up only 2 skeins of Lion Brand Cotton Ease. Once I had memorized the pattern, I was able to knit it quite quickly.

Today, I have done a large load of dishes and reloaded the dishwasher, but since it's not full yet, I can't run it. Have run a load of clothing through the wash and folded and put away the clothes that have been sitting out for a couple of weeks now. In short, I've been pretty busy. I have to get dressed now and head out for JoAnn's Knitting 101 class today--

First however, I'm going to buy a smaller Digital television for the bedroom, so that I don't bother hubby while he's studying. He tells me that he's going to have a full load Summer Term, so he'll be at his studying most of the time. I can't run the television while he's studying, so if I go to the bedroom, I can watch on a small television.

For Demo today at JoAnn's, before the Knitting 101 class, I plan to work on a dishcloth. I am quite a bit behind on the Monthly Dishcloth KAL's, and want to catch up. It's too late to get the prize for doing them for the whole year, but that's okay. I have to locate the cotton yarn and take it with me. The pattern is waiting.

It's time to go--sorry that there are no pictures of the projects. I will try to get them today and upload tomorrow.

No comments: