Sunday, January 3, 2010

Problems with Broadband

Well, Verizon has done it to me again. This time, they have gone too far! This time it's the rant above all rants!

Now, my broadband card disconnects whenever it feels like it--as if it is aware when I go to the bathroom and leave it on. Then, when I come back to my work, the connection has been lost, as well as any online work that I might have tried to SAVE before I check the connection to make sure it's "on".

Bugger!

So, I'll be talking to them on Monday about it to find out what setting is causing this, because
it. is. driving. me. crazy!

******

Today, I have two classes to teach, plus knitting to work on. I actually was motivated to work on the Princess Shawl last night and made three more points, when I decided that I needed to make some edits to the laminated pattern so that I might be able to finish it--quickly, and without error.Most of the error I make are made when I have to look up and down--down to the pattern, then up to the work--I will invariably miss a yarn over or something, and tinking this thread is madness--trust me.

So the new plan is to get some colored markers and color in the blocks of work that are repeated--such as the k2tog yo k1 yo ssk and it's mate, which is the same, just reversed and the yo sk2p yo--then the ending of every other row and the beginning of the alternate rows are also knit the same, just in reverse, and I think I could memorize the pattern easier if I could simpify it. Even though I only have 37 more points to go.

God help me.

The motivator for starting the shawl again last night was The Queen Susan Shawl. I think I'm in love with Shetland lace. If you haven't seen this one in white, wait until you see it in black (yes, somebody was fool enough to work up a Shetland lace pattern in black--I wonder if they can still see properly.) Absolutely stunning. I downloaded the pattern.

Somebody tell me when I can find the time to knit all these things?!

And then I found a cool pattern for another dk hat, AND a cardigan. I tell you, I am doomed.

In the meanwhile, I will work purposefully on the Princess Shawl. Fear not; it will likely be years before I actually finish it. In the meanwhile, I have other things to work on, and classes to prepare for, and breakfast to eat, and so on.

It's also the last day of my vacation. Bah! Humbug!

No comments: