Monday, January 25, 2010

Spin City!

More than anything, I am a spinner--I bet you didn't know that with all the posts about knitting, but I go in spurts....one week, I'm a knitter, one week something else entirely. It saves me from getting bored, and keeps me active in the mainstream of fiber arts.

This last weekend, my spin group decided to gather on Saturday and carpool to one of our members house who is a little further away than the rest of us, and can't come to spin day--but we all drove down to Hastings to have a little spin day on a different day than we normally meet.

What a great time we had!

I finished spinning this green merino/tencel I have been storing since summer, and now have to wind it off to a niddy--wet and hang it. Other people brought knitting, crochet or felting. One of the members brought a video of Jacee Boggs. And I have to tell you--

I am MEGA-INSPIRED NOW! This person is something else. I loved everything she did in the video, and recommend that our group buy a copy of it to put in the library, and to see if she could come to Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan sometime (like next year, since she's in California THIS summer). I would seriously love to meet her, pick her brain and have a few good stories, because she sounds like SUCH A RIOT!

So the whole world is spinning at my feet. I can't wait to go to JoAnn's and get a feather boa, and try the technique, putting feathers into my wool yarn.

And then, I might make some felted eyeballs--who knows?

No comments: