Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fear and Tarnation!

I drove home after knit night this evening.

When I arrived home, I realized that I had not put my pattern for Rhiannon in the back seat, as I usually do. Magnetic strip holding it to the metal shelving that I used to mark my rows as I did them, I realized that I had left the darn thing on the roof of my car and drove away.

Of course, you know that by the time I arrived home, it was no longer on top of my car.

Damnation!

What do I do now???

I called the store owner (at home), FRANTIC and in a PANIC!

Then, after I composed myself, I called my son, who was working at the time.

When he came home, he called me back, and I told him what I wanted him to do for me, which he promptly did.

And he found it--well, he found most of it.

The metal shelf is toast, but he was able to locate the pattern and the magnetic strips and this little piece of paper that I had taped to it. I quickly emailed the store owner to let her know that my son had found my pattern/metal holder. I think my husband will be able to fix it--if not, I'll have to buy a new one.

Step son has sold my old car, and left me a bit of cash on my bedroom cupboard. I can now go to Best Buy and get my computer.

I was able to finish two projects this evening, even though I nearly had a coronary over the pattern for Rhiannon. I'll retrieve it tomorrow night after work. In the meantime, I am working on some socks. They are coming along quite nicely.

No comments: