Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello, Blogger Land!

It's been a while since I blogged, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy!

The latest project is a pink sweater for my grand daughter for Christmas. I just three-needle bound off the shoulders, and will be putting the neck stitches on a holder at breaktime. Then I will begin the sleeves. I'm planning to pick up stitches at the shoulder and knit down to the cuff, then sew the underarm seam when I've finished.

My grand son is getting a similar sweater, different color. I'm thinking about putting a cable in there to make it more manly. He likes "manly" things. If I could find a bulky camoflage yarn, I would use it, but a dark green will work just as well--

That is, if I can find it.

I'm expecting to have my new computer sometime this week. A bigger monitor, and if I can manage it, a new printer. From there, I may be able to take my laptop mobile again, but I'm not so sure the battery will allow it until I get a new one, and that could be a while.

So we have a new boss. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose I don't have to stress about it until after the first of the year. Then I might wish I hadn't voted for him. You know how that goes. But in any case, I hope he is able to manage things (spending mostly) without having to cut his employees salaries. I'd like him to take a really serious look into Medicaid fraud, but that's just me.

If you haven't noticed, I have a new toy--an Android SmartPhone--and I've been using it a lot. It doesn't make me quite as happy as the Blackberry, but it's close. Some of the things I'd like in the calendar just don't work the same, for instance, when I complete a task, I like to be able to tell the reminder that I've completed the task. Otherwise, the task sits out there...glaring at me...reminding me that I still haven't completed it.

So it's sort of a nag...

I thought about getting a little different task application, but not sure which one will give me the options that I want. So, I'm holding off for the moment. In the meanwhile, the apps that I had on my Blackberry probably aren't compatible with my Android. I haven't looked into it though.

I have knit night tonight, a pattern class on Wednesday, a concert on Friday, 2 classes on Saturday and Sunday. All in all, a very busy week for me. So you might not see much of me this week, while I spend all my regular "blogging time" working on these two sweaters.

After that comes the holidays, and we all know how busy I become at that time. Right now, the push is on for the sweaters. I also have to get something for my step-daughter for Christmas. So far, no ideas there. I'm hoping for a couple of sets of blocking boards from Knit Picks this year.

No comments: