Thursday, November 11, 2010

There I Go Again, Over-Reaching

I told everyone that I was on my last repeat for Rhiannon.

Imagine my chagrin when I arrive at the expected ending point and find that my outer borders are not in the right place?

Now, I *could* go to the end of the outer repeat, but then the inner repeat would be off, as would the main motif.

So I'm asking for help from the pattern creator. I sort of worked it out (a little) on paper, and I think that in order for the repeats to match up, I have to work at least 8 repeats--two repeats gives me an odd # of angles for the second border--which makes the inner border end facing the inside of the stole. A multiple of 4 repeats of the main motif brings both of the outer repeats into an even number--18 and 16 respectively, bringing them into line with the inner motif. What I can't wrap my head around is that the repeats actually "start" in different places, causing my confusion. Even the central motif has several rows that have to be "added to" to get to the ending point. It was rather like beginning in the middle and ending in the middle. So I am VERY confused.

You know what? It's only 6:30 am? Why am I trying to solve the problems of the world at 6:30am?

No comments: