Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Know It's not Much...

But it's the best I can get right now. Lace doesn't look like much more than a bunch of yarn in this state. It gets it's best viewing when it's stretched out as far as it will go--called blocking. For this article, it will take some very radical blocking, and I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to do it, but I'm going to need a lot of room to handle it all. It's going to be huge. Right now, it hangs in my lap a lot like my boobs do.

Too much information?

Okay, well, here's the pic.

Good news! My Woolie Winder for my Sonata came today, along with 3 extra bobbins, so I will be able to take it with me to the Kalamazoo Highland Festival to spin. Word has it that we're going to have rain in the morning hours, but that it should clear off by noon and be a really nice day. That would be good, because a highland festival isn't very fun in the rain. Wool smells when it gets wet, and adds to the discomfort. But the Woolie Winder is just the best thing. If you don't know what a Woolie Winder is, well, Google. If you're a spinner, I bet you know. They are so cool, because they wind your yarn onto the bobbin evenly, making it easier to put more yarn on the bobbin. The bobbins are bigger, too, which is even better. I'll be spinning a lot this weekend, but I'm going to save the teal merino combed top for spinning at home. At Festival, I will spin ordinary cream colored Romney (from my Princess). Or I could take some other stuff with some mohair in it for interest--there's a lot of different things I could do now that I have my Woolie Winder.

Tomorrow, I have a knitting class at JoAnn's with two students, and then on Sunday, another class, but have to listen to the voice mail message again to figure out which class I'm teaching. Not sure right at the moment.

For now, I'm thinking "COME ON WEEKEND", while I swelter and melt in my chair. I'm thinking about heading back into the main room to do more knitting on the shawl. Can someone invent a clear powder for your hands? Like Baby Powder, but clear (not white). I think it would sell like hotcakes.

No comments: