Monday, August 8, 2011

Recap on the Weekend

I managed to get some knitting in during the weekend, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped. The garage took up the lion's share of the entire time--that, and eating and sleeping--which of course requires cooking and taking medications and all the rest of it--just managing daily living.

Today, I'm exhausted, and while in the shower preparing for Monday at the office, I considered staying home, not feeling especially like going to work, and pretty much talked myself into this nauseated feeling that really promised to become a "yes, perhaps I should stay home--call in sick", that sort of thing. Just not on top of my game, sort of feeling.

So it didn't surprise me any, when I pulled the 3 of wands from my tarot deck. The card that indicates home, hearth and family. It's telling me that maybe I should stay home today. God knows, that if I don't, I will be swamped with calls from people wanting their monthly stipend--and I'm just not up to that today. Even so, if I stay home, my husband will put me to work spreading bark--another hot job, and we're still not finished with the garage.

And it's 6:30--time for me to be in my car and headed down the road, and I'm so sticky from humidity that I can't even get my clothing ON, let alone go work. In short, I'm a goner! I don't know how I'm going to get my clothes on! What's worse, is that the air conditioning is on--and I'm still sticky! There's still a towel around my head! I'm going to be late anyway.

I'm trying really hard to talk myself into staying home another day. I'm too old for this crap. Getting up at 5:30 in the morning and getting ready to go to the office and "be happy". In fact, I'm a little worried that first person who calls about their check is going to get a pretty surly remark.

My husband, he's no help at all. He just covers up his head and goes back to sleep. I'm in serious need of a cheerleader, here.

Okay, sticky or not, here I come.

Oh, and I bought these crazy looking socks...maybe they will brighten my day.

No comments: