Friday, August 15, 2008

Birds at my feeder







I snapped some closeups of the hummingbird feeder this evening--talk about nervous birds! Of course, I was less than 3 feet away from the bulb--so I suppose I understand, but it's not the first time I've sat in front of the feeder waiting for a bird to show up.




But these guys they take the cake, really, in-out-gone, back-forth, up-down, trying to get a taste from the back (or maybe he's hiding?)...and a stop action from the side..




Check it out.




2 comments:

cici said...

Hummingbirds are my favorites. Great pictures thanks:D

Barb Matijevich said...

Oh, wow, I'm so jealous of these photos! Aren't hummingburds just...MIRACULOUS? Once, I was traveling at the foot of the Pecos Wilderness and visited some friends who have a big ranch there. We sat on the porch and if we lifted our hands and held still, a hummingbird would LIGHT ON OUR HANDS. It was like holding a ray of light.