Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I have been BUSY!

With a capital B!

I've been working on hats, as you know, and found one on Yarn Harlot's website that I just loved, so I knit it.

And while I don't normally create things that look JUST EXACTLY LIKE THE PATTERN, but fudge around with it some, I just couldn't find anything about this hat that I didn't like--so I made it the same color and everything!


There is just one problem.....

It's Just A Little Too Small.

Unfortunately, a larger needle wouldn't give me the right size either, and I think that this is made to fit the head close and snugly, and maybe my head is just a tad too ROUND (ya think?)...I can't blame it on the fact that I used a smaller (1 size) needle to get gauge, but I still love the hat..even if I don't look so hot in it.

Sorry that there's no pic of me "in the hat" as it were, but the camera shook, and I'm pressed for time at the moment.


Also made this hat:











And this hat:







And these gloves for my husband Jeff:

He makes a good model, don't you think?





And that's about it for knitting, but I think it's quite a lot, at least my wrist is telling me so.

So I'm laying off knitting for a day or two to rest my weary wrist.

----

Driving to work one morning, and of course, you know that I do sometimes have camera in hand while I drive, so people on the other side of the road know that I'm watching and taking pictures (yes!). I caught this picture...a little fuzzy, but it's a group/herd/flock/whatever you call it,

of turkeys. It was a large bunch, even though the pic is small, and you can probably only barely see them, but the are there.

And one morning, early, before sunup I looked outside and everything was blue. Blue as an old lady's rinse!

Here's a couple of pics of that morning...

That's the actual color of the area. There is no filter on my camera--believe me. I've never seen color like this on everything, have you?

Anyhow today, the roads are slick with ice and snow, so I opted to stay home until the idiots (I mean other drivers) are done going into the ditch and so that the salt trucks have a little time to get out and get er done--which means I miss a little work, but icy roads and I just don't get along. It causes me a lot of stress that I don't need.

Speaking of stress. I had to visit the doctor's office again yesterday.

Yes, you guessed right. A boobie-smush machine. Ugh. Hate those things. Can we maybe PASS for this year? Doctor says no, so I got the requisite smushing. And doctor says the films look very good and he gave me some good news for a change.

My sugar has been down since going on the medication, and I am a very happy camper, although my fingers are sore now from all the poking. It's okay, because I'm not currently doing any embroidery, but if I had to hold a small needle with any stress, I'd be hurting pretty much. So I'm glad I'm not doing embroidery.

Or darning
Or quilting

Next project on the docket is a pair of socks (is there any other sort of project?). I have to find the perfect pattern for my orange yarn...any suggestions?

1 comment:

cici said...

I'll say ,,, you have been quite busy. The hat turned out great:D