Friday, December 19, 2008

Piggie Socks..

Are now almost half done--

In other words, I am ready to work on the heel.

And I'm not sure if I want to make a slip stitch heel flap, or if i want to do a short row heel...

Decisions Decisions.

In the meantime, I ended up at the office early this morning. Seriously concerned about this winter storm WARNING that the weatherman was talking so excitedly about last night-stating that it would start at 7pm Thursday and keeps snowing until late on Friday.

I was SO ready for another day off!

But then, the start time got later into the night, and the expected snowfall started to drop.

So, when I woke up at 2:15 to look outside, which was an hour and 15 minutes later than the 1am start time for snowing, there was nothing going on.

So I let the dog out. Hubby got up and slept in his chair for a little while, and I couldn't get back to sleep--

And let me tell you, I TRIED HARD for over an HOUR!

But no further z's came from my side of the bed. Plenty from the living room, yes, but none in the bedroom where they are supposed to be--unless you count Mandy's heavy breathing...

So at 3:30, I finally crawled out of bed and started to get ready for work.

I got here at 4:10. I'm not staying all day, because I look out the window at 5:30 (just 1 1/2 hours later--) and what's on the ground?????????

Just enough to make the roads slick. Had I just waited, I would be home still snug in my bed.

The worst thing about it, is that one of the programs that I need is down this morning, and they won't reboot until 6:30ish, so I have at least 45 minutes to work on other things that CAN be worked on--for instance checking some of these files that have been pending for some long time.

I'll get right on that.

In the meantime, I'm yawning. Oh, right sure! NOW I'm yawning.

Therefore, when everyone else arrives, I will probably leave, go home and back to bed.

I hate getting old, but it beats the alternative.

No comments: