Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What's up with my Ex these days?

I asked the Tarot--they're right most of the time...they predicted that my husband would soon be losing his job. He fell on some ice, compressed 3 vertebrae in his spine, and can't sit or stand for any length of time, and has basically retired on a medical leave--I have no idea if the situation is permanent or not.

Occasionally, I will ask Tarot what's up with him. The last time I did this, it said he was contemplating divorce--which was not surprising. It's been about 6 years, and that's his cycle.

Now, I pull these cards...


Knight of Swords-change; the Lovers reversed and the Knight of Cups reversed-movement.

What it means should be quite evident. In seeking change, a bad decision results in a lack of movement in forward direction. This means he made a bad move and isn't able to put his plan into action yet...it might be that he got his wife pregnant--but the cards don't say. Something has happened, though, that is preventing him from divorce at this time. It doesn't mean that he won't follow through with the plan in the future--it doesn't mean a permanent situation.

It would be interesting to find out more, but if I press the cards too much, they get upset.

I can hear you say: "How do you know when they're upset about your continuing inquisition?" Simply because after a while they start to make no sense whatsoever, seemingly on purpose. The next couple of cards become contradictory to the original premise.

In fact, I was SO CERTAIN that my ex was losing his job, that I called his sister in law and asked her about it. I told her the cards said that he was going to get laid off--which seemed the only way that he would lose his job at that time. I'll lay odds that she didn't remember that I had called her that day to let her know that my ex would soon be out of a job. I just had the method of job-loss wrong.

I also had a dream, some years ago, that he was laying on a davenport, and could not rise from it without help. I figured that he was just being lazy, but it was the precursor and notification first that he would someday be disabled.

I'm not sure why this happened to him--I don't believe in Karma. I'm not tickled that all this stuff has happened to him, either. Quite frankly, I still care about the guy, but I would never be stupid enough to allow him back into my life. It's just that simple.

So I occasionally ask how he's doing, because no one else will tell me.

No comments: