Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Milk for my Cereal

You know, the only time I like a lot of milk on my cereal is when I am having oatmeal (which is a hot cereal), and then only so I can eat it quickly. On cereal already cold, I prefer the very least little bit of milk on my cereal, and then only enough to wash it down--because I like my cold cereal crunchy. Once it has turned to mush, I'm pretty much

over

it.

And if there's any milk left in the bottom of the bowl (maybe a teaspoon), it does go down the drain, because I don't care for sweetened milk either.

I wonder. Am I alone in this?

Today's card is the Page of Pentacles, entitled "Health". I called my doctor yesterday to tell him about my really good sugar level (93). I'm expecting him to give me a jingle back, or perhaps there will be a message from someone telling me some good news relating to health issues that have been experiencing. Of course, there was a phone call this morning...

My cousin has never called me--in fact, I've only contacted her once, but this morning, my phone rang, and I answered it, since I was standing right beside it at the time. When I saw that it was my cousin, I answered the phone, but there was much mumbling without much understanding, so I told her to call back because I couldn't hear her. When she didn't call right back, I decided to give her a jingle back--I mean, who knows? She could have been having a stroke, and I wasn't going to let that pass--of course, if you had a stroke, how would you know to call 911, which would be a better number to call in the first place, but this old fart doesn't think in those terms, right?

So she answers the phone, and tells me that she had just stuffed her phone in her pocket, and it must have dialed me. So she was okay, and I could stop worrying.

Of course, when the phone first started to ring, I figured it had to be my hubby, stuck in the ditch somewhere. The wind whipped horribly last night, and I expect that the main road will be slicked up with snow again today, the road having blown in--and I reminded hubby to drive carefully because of it. I guess he made it.

Well, cereal is done, milk is down the drain, and I have to prep for the office. CYA!

No comments: