Friday, April 29, 2011

And So Winds Down Another Work Week

Not a moment too soon, either. I'm horribly stressed by what's going on at the office, and think that there might be someone trying to sabotage my work. It wouldn't be the first time, you see.

I'm home, and my hubby is stressed too. We're both a bundle of nerves. We both have a million things we want to do, and no ambition to do them. To my credit, I did take a little walk down the road, and got in a bit of exercise. I thought it might help with the stress. It really didn't do much but make me more tired than I already was.

Big doings tomorrow. We have to go to the dump early, then hubby has to sand his plant stands. Then we have to load them onto the truck and trailer. Then we have to do this freaking two-hour drive to the customer to deliver them. Think 6 miles to the gallon at $4 a gallon times 240 miles. Something tells me that my husband should be charging for shipping this trip.

Then, he's got a gawd-awful amount of homework from school to catch up on. Me, all I really have to do is crochet on the bear and work on the samples for JoAnn's for the May/June layout. I believe I have 4 things to knit and crochet by the first of the month.

One word comes to mind..."HA!"

Furthermore, I think we are getting our basement back--this means that we actually might stay somewhat cool this year by sleeping in the basement, instead of upstairs where it's really hot. All of our HOT doings (laundry, cooking, dishwashing, etc) we can do upstairs, and sleep in the cooler basement. I think it's a wonderful idea. The animals will be more comfortable, too, and there's a little cat door in the basement that goes into the laundry room, so that the cats can get food, water and potty to their hearts content, without having to bar the door from our dog. Just saying--we are giving it all due consideration!

The reason we're getting our basement back is because my step son is telling us that he's moving in with his girlfriend. I think it's a mistake, but you can't tell this kid anything. He's going to do what he's going to do, and he's likely to get burned doing it. This will give me evenings to start going through all the stuff in my stash room--I told my husband that when I start on that, he's got to start on the room in the garage for me, and it's going to have to be a BIG ROOM--bigger than what I currently have, which is 10 x 10--and it's stuffed to the rafters! So much so that I can't find what I need to find because I can't get "around" the room! Most things are in plastic bins, and I can't see through them to know what's inside. This needs some serious help. Another day. I can't think about that now.

I started out wanting to name my newest bear, Painter Paul. Then I decided Candy. I've changed my mind again. I think this one's gonna stick.

Jellybean.

 Pics tomorrow of my progress tonight.

No comments: